Common name: NOD SCID
JAX stock no. 001303
Mice homozygous for the severe combined immune deficiency spontaneous mutation Prkdcscid, commonly referred to as scid, are characterized by an absence of functional T cells and B cells, lymphopenia, hypogammaglobulinemia, and a normal hematopoietic microenvironment. Prkdcscid mice accept allogeneic and xenogeneic grafts making them an ideal model for cell transfer experiments. In general, Prkdcscid leakiness is low on the NOD/ShiLtSz genetic background.
Disease/therapeutics areas used:
- Cancer research
- B and T cell deficiency, xenograft/transplant host
- Immunology, Inflammation and Autoimmunity Research
- B and T cell deficiency
- Internal/Organ Research
- Lymphoid Tissue Defects
- Virology Research
- B and T Cell Deficiency- AIDS research tool
- Diabetes and Obesity Research
- Islet Transplantation Studies
To get further details on availability and to place your orders, please contact our Marketing or Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.